Sunday, October 3, 2010

Thank You

Thank You.

Thank you for your support. Thank you for your comments, your messages, and your emails while I attempted to help my dad through a disastrous return of cancer. I can not express how positive he and I felt about beating it. On Friday, October 1st, my dad died.

In moments of strength, I like to believe that our mortal comprehensions of "victory" or "winning" transcend the philosophy of "living to fight another day."
My dad was in a lot of pain and "beating cancer" would have involved a lengthy process of treatments that would have caused even more pain. So, I try to think that passing was the best "win" he would have got out of this fight.
I don't have as many moments of strength as I'd like, but they feel great when I have them.

So, thank you. Thank you for your good vibes, thank you for your positivity, and thank you for the love. I am grateful to have a world full of amazing friends and such supportive fans.

I love you guys!
Jezza

7 comments:

  1. Your very rigth, now theres no pain and death is not losing or something bad, even if some people lose theyr lifes before time, death is just a natural change!

    Be strong (you and your familly) and i wish you luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god, I did not think in the least that this would be outcome. I am terribly TERRIBLY sorry about what's happened.

    I'm not sure what to say...I just hope for the best for you and an emotional healing process that isn't anymore difficult than it has to be.

    Let us (and me specifically) know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope you are okay and my heart goes out to you and family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about you losing your father. I hope you will be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how are you coping? sorry i dun have any "wise sayings" to share with you on grieving, but i dun know you well enuf to say words of comfort that does not sound like pity. the only thing i can think of is to channel your grief to your art - your passion and your love - do it for your loved ones. you will heal your wounds faster that way, and those around you who care for you will be assured because they know that you will be ok when they see you buried in your art... its ok to grieve as long as you need to

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jezza,
    All I can say is that you have my deepest sympathies. My thoughts are with you, bro.
    Jacob

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've said it before and I will say it again,
    I love you guys.
    Thank you for your very felt support. I can not express how helpful your love has been.

    ReplyDelete