Sunday, July 8, 2012

Body Lounger

     

     A little while ago, writer, Eric Arvin, posted an image on his blog from this month's feature. That image alerted me to the work of Body Lounger and I've been following his blog every since.
BL's work immediately grabbed me. I still can't identify what exactly captivates me. It might be the monstrous mass of his beautifully sculpted subjects. It very well could be their exaggerated extremities or the suggestive scenarios that play on some of my favorite fetishes. I'm certain the LUST oozing from each and every angle of a scene plays a big part in what keeps me goin' back for more. But what ever it is, It gets me and I immediately had to learn about the artist and share him and his work with you.


 




BODY LOUNGER: An Insight


What are you doing when you're not drawing?
"Working out, working, jogging, normal stuff.
Pretty boring, really"

Do you have any other talents outside of art?
"I'm not a bad cook. I was pretty much brought up in the kitchen and around food."

If you had to replace your artistic talent with another one, what would it be?
"I would be some kind of scientist."

What single super power would you like to have?
"This is a tough one. Think of what you could do if you were stretch like Mister Fantastic.
But I would have to choose mind reading."

What would you use it for?
"To read minds...
and implant thoughts...Evil. I know."

How old were you when you lost your virginity?
"I was 19 or 20"

Did you lost it to a girl or guy?
"A guy"



BODY LOUNDER: The Artist

"Body Lounger." What does your pen name mean and what's the story behind it?
"It doesn't really have any meaning. I was trying to think of something that could be like a bar or lounge. Eventually I settled on this."

I'm noticing more and more erotic art done with 3D animation software programs. What inspired your choice for it?
"It was something I was already in the process of learning/working in. Taking those skill sets into erotica was an easy choice." 

What tools do you use to create your work?
"Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop for my erotic works. After Effects and Premiere."

I have a grasp of how to use Maya, but I understand that none of the 3D animation programs are learned "easily." Can you offer any advice or tips for those who are struggling with them?
"That's a big question.
I've been using Maya for about 5 years practically on a daily basis and still know only a fraction of what that program can do. There are a lot of free tutorials on the net and the online community is very knowledgeable. I'm a fan of really getting hands dirty. In a nut shell:
- Think of a small project.
- Find out the steps
- Learn each step patiently"

Do you have a routine? What is your process when you start a piece?
"Sometimes I have a general idea of what I want, other times not so much. Either way I just dive in and start posing out my models.
I just make shit up as I go along. But I always try to improve on what I've previously done. A lot of times I will leave and not look at a piece for days and then come back with fresh eyes. Almost always I will find flaws to fix. I might not fix them though. I'm very lazy with my erotic art. If I don't need to get final approval from a director like at work, then it's up to my mood at the time."

What part of drawing comes easiest to you?
 "Well, I haven't done much actual drawing in a long time but I was pretty good at doing gestural and roughing out poses."

Which part of drawing is the most frustrating?
"I always struggled with doing caricatures and cartoony stuff.
And feet."






BODY LOUNGER: Sex


Top or Bottom:
"Versatile"

Sexiest part on a man:
"A nicely defined torso.
...And legs. Also arms and head set on broad shoulders.
Can the whole of a man be a body part?"

Most over rated thing about sex:
"Anal"

Most embarrassing sexual experience:
"I was left alone with a girl who tried to seduce me. I let it get to far and ended up fleeing."

Spit or Swallow?
"Swallow"

WHEN does size matter?
"Size matters when it's 'Too Big'."

How big is "Too Big?"
"If it can't fit into any of my holes."


Body Lounger, Everybody!
BL, Thank you very much for making yourself available to share a little about yourself with us. It is always nice to get to know the artist behind such beautiful work.

For those of you who are new to BL's work, you have to check out his blog - it's a must see and follow. 

Until next time, folks.
Make it a great week!
x - Jezza

2 comments:

  1. I was blown away when I found his animated work. I'd have him make a version of Kid Christmas if I had the means.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was too, Eric.
      All good things come to those who wait, stud.

      Delete